Whew. We did it. She did it. Princess M finished up her Second Grade curriculum today! Thank you, Jesus. She's been done with math, language arts, spelling, etc., for at least a week or more now (I forget as my eyes glaze over just thinking about it), she finished science over the weekend, and today was the last day of history (core). Oh, thank you, Jesus. Yes, I know I said that twice. He deserves it.
We had the most jumbled year of January through September school that one can imagine. We used excellent curriculum, or I probably would have come a lot closer to insanity than I did. I am just so proud of Princess M. She worked hard, even when Mommy was flaky. She was willing to do school on the road, at her desk, or at the kitchen table whenever the need changed. She was forced to take extra time off because of her parents' schedules and traumas, and yet she just kept reading books and enjoying history and loving life. She's my little bounce-backer.
We have the new curriculum in hand, and it looks awesome. But we soooo deserve a real break. No worries, no trying to squeeze in a bit of school while we can. Just a break! So -- starting tomorrow, we're on Fall Break for two weeks! :) I have a morning meeting tomorrow with some other volunteers for a program where M and I are going to be providing childcare twice a month. (She is so excited about helping out!) Then after that, we're going to take our traditional First Day of Fall trip to Starbucks for coffee (and soy milk) and stories and giggles. What a way to kick off a vacation, huh? :) We are really looking forward to some serious play time and getting used to our new schedule. I'm going to put up an "off limits" sign on the school room and use the free time to organize for next year. I also need to make a new master schedule with our school hours and all of the extra-curricular activities that M is in. I'm praying that she won't be overloaded. I'll have to share more about all of that later. But for now -- I'M ON VACATION!!!! :)
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Good for you! Good job you guys... what a year you've had! Oh my.
Definitely deserve a break and re-organizing before jumping in again is a must.
Super Big Hugs and I can't wait until you start again. ECC right? Ah, how awesome is that?!
Congratulations, Cyndi & M! I hope that your vacation is perfectly lovely :)
And, my friend, you two are going to love, LOVE ECC. Praying for you as you plan. Love & hugs, Q
Thank you so much, ladies! You are both incredibly special - and I appreciate the prayers!
Post a Comment