The Bible theme for these two weeks is Jesus is the Rock. We sang "The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock" more times than I can count! :) Princess M also enjoyed singing the other songs that were listed in the TM.
Week 8 we studied Benjamin Franklin and made a little Poor Richard's Almanac. We checked out so many library books and a video about Ben Franklin's inventions. M was more impressed with the story of child Ben using a kite to float himself across a lake than she was with the discovery of electricity in the lightning bolt. :) Ben Franklin was a fascinating man.
Week 9 we moved on to George Washington. We also took our homeschool on the road again with a trip to visit grandparents in Seattle. We took along loads of library books and enjoyed sharing them with M's cousins. We all especially liked George Washington's Breakfast, but decided that pancakes must be better than hoe-cakes! :) Making the tricorn hat with black construction paper was a big hit, and we sang songs from "America Rock," from School House Rock. "And the shot heard 'round the world, was the start of the Revolution . . . " I also had her rapt attention for reading Paul Revere's Ride.
M did a great job memorizing America and we started to learn the verses to Yankee Doodle. We also really enjoyed listening to The Story of Tchaikovsky in Words and Music, although I think I was more interested than M. She does love, love, love The Nutcracker, though.
We studied the seasons and M read books and painted trees and leaves and had a blast. It was so nice to be in Seattle and have the rain clear up for a few wonderful sunny spring days, and a trip to the zoo!
I Can Do All Things continues to lack luster for little Princess M. I'm not sure how to handle it, because she is such a naturally artsy-craftsy loves-to-draw kind of girl. I think she may do better if I got the DVD that goes along with the program so that she could watch an expert teach the lesson. She used to really enjoy watching a painting show on public TV when we had TV in the house. Continuing to keep an eye on it . . .
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh Aunt C :-)
i love long comments, especially from you. and even though it's not quite the same between me and matt, we are seperated a lot. so i think i can understand what you mean when you say T is gone and you feel like talking.
i would text you, but it's almost 10 and i don't know if you are awake or not. but i wanted to say that i love you and when i make it big in the real world i'll hire you a butler *ahem* minion as well.
-cinderella
Ahhhh, you're making me miss Adventures. I'm sad that my littles won't experience it the same way Olivia did (though they sat in on various lessons and we went to Williamsburg and Jamestown as a "fieldtrip" that year).
Blessings,
~Toni~
hey aunt cyndi
i nominated you for an award :-)
check it out
http://theyounglife-n.blogspot.com/2009/04/attitude-of-gratitude.html
Post a Comment