Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ready to get back to school

Well, Princess M got up this morning and immediately set to completing workbook pages. I think she misses school. :-) She's been so busy lately, making snowflakes and using colored pencils and crayons to create artwork. The scissors have been flying and we've got pictures and projects of all sizes. Since we have very limited furniture in the rental, her "desk" is the kitchen table, and I think she really loves being in the hub of the house. Actually, I know she loves being the hub of the house, since that puts her right in the center of attention, which is her favorite place to be. I need to spend some serious table time with her over the next few days and get her back into the school mindset. (I truly just want her to sit, her mind can be active as it wants, which it is.) I brought along our school workbooks that we're going to finish up before we start our new curriculum, but I also brought along the new TM for me to read. I'm so excited to start our year with Adventures in My Father's World. We love, love, love this company - they put out such a great product. We'll be studying US History and Geography as our core, which is definitely one of mine and T's favorite subjects. I think we just may get Daddy more involved in school this year, because he won't be able to resist. I'm aiming for a January 19th start date. Gives us time to finish up what we're working on and get our supplies ready after we get home from Denver. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep reading the TM and M will keep on doing workbooks, reading too many books, and making way too many art projects!

No comments: