Baking, baking and more baking! Tonight's Grandma's Christmas Eve buffet, and we're ready! Being GFCF, I like to make special things that M and I can have (no dairy for her, no gluten for me). I made Pecan Pie Squares while she was at My Gym this morning, and prepared Sugar Cookie dough for us to roll out when she got home. It was the best GFCF Sugar Cookie recipe ever! And super low sodium, too, which meant I really got to enjoy them. Too many of them. My niece ate about a dozen, too, so I don't think it bothered anyone that they were GFCF. We also made our now famous Pumpkin Bread.
All this baking at Christmas has lovingly evolved from the first Plum Pudding, according to our ADVENTure book. My mom makes a famous fruitcake (that everyone swears is delicious) from a recipe that she had to convince my gramma to write down before she was promoted to heaven. But not too much fruitcake is GFCF and I don't really feel like I'm missing out on much. The fact is, people love to bake special treats for the people they love. It makes us feel good, and it makes them feel good. I know -- my sister went totally out of her way to use rice flour in her Apple Crisp, just for me! It about broke my heart to tell her that I can't eat oats, so I couldn't have any of it. But I still feel extraordinarily special that she did that for me.
Why do you feel extraordinarily special? I hope it's something wonderful!
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment