
Today we celebrated Advent by reading the story of Martin Luther's walk through the woods and his desire to capture the beauty by putting candles on his Christmas tree. I'm so glad that we have the option of so many different kinds of beautiful electric lights instead of something as dangerous as candles! However, nothing is quite as unique and beautiful as an open flame. For our project, I skimped a little by not baking a cake, but we smeared the rest of our green frosting on a platter int

o a shape of a tree and used sugar-cube *candles* which we doused with peppermint extract! The pictures do not do justice to the beautiful blue flames that burned for several minutes. I'm so glad I didn't skip this activity! We really enjoyed watching our sugar candles, and then licking up the frosting tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment