Then I tried to explain how the tree has life and represents the life that God gives to us. M exclaimed, "Oh, I get it!!! Because the leaves of a tree make the air for us to breathe, it's like how God breathes on us!" Wow. Thank you for the object lesson, Princess M. Trees give us air to breathe, and God gives us new life to breathe.
We also made Christmas Trees! :) We used store-bought sugar cones and made some homemade frosting, which M had so much fun coloring green. The frosting smoothed right on those trees, even for M, and we decorated with star-shaped sprinkles (which will be perfect to use in the future for steamers and hot chocolate). Here's a few fun pictures, because after we were done with our little talk about life, we laughed, and laughed, and laughed! I really recommend this idea - they were so easy to make and so much fun!





1 comment:
Aw, what a wonderful message AND project. Love it.
Btw, when are you moving to Denver? (did I get that correct?) And why? Just curious. My dh's job was displaced from Cleveland in fall 2004. He moved to Chicago without us, then to Indy in June of 2005. Our house sold in the fall that year and we finally (FINALLY!) reunited in Nov '05, after 14 months of being apart.
Just wonder how y'all are doing.
And if you haven't moved yet, there is a wonderful, awesome blogger friend (you might already know her, actually) named Rose. She uses MFW and lives in the city in Denver. Her dh is a youth pastor (I think). If you don't already have contact with Rose and would like it, let me know. They're using ECC this year.
blessings,
~Toni~
Post a Comment