Today was the day to get my labels printed off and finish up the Christmas cards, so we chose Christmas Cards as our Advent topic of the day. While I printed labels and worked on cards, Princess M had markers and glitter and tape and pictures all over the counter working on hers. And you know what? Hers are better! :)
So many people don't "do" cards anymore, or think that it's too expensive, or a drain on the postal system. I think they're wonderful! From the first Christmas card sent over 100 years ago, people have been exchanging Christmas greetings in the mail. Movies have been made about special Christmas cards and letters! And, oh, those family letters! I love 'em. I mean, I just love 'em! One of my parents' friends was promoted to heaven this past summer and won't be writing a Christmas letter this year, and I'm going to miss it so badly! He wrote the best Christmas letters. And how fun to compare this year's picture to last year's. :)
A Christmas card is a wonderful way to send a hug, a smile, a prayer, or a witness to someone that may need to hear the Good News, or just needs a bit of encouragement. Don't ya think that's worth the cost of a little square sticker?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yes, and a thousand times yes! I am a BIG Christmas card fan, too...
My Miss M is making her own cards this year and having a wonderful time of it - so I fully excpect that she will have a full blown case of "card"itis as she grows up :)
Have a lovely wknd! Love, Q
Post a Comment