Friday, December 12, 2008

Twelfth Day of Advent - Christmas Pageants

Today's Advent topic is Pageants, planned that way because we were supposed to go to our church Christmas program tonight. But since we're expecting the biggest storm this weekend, I decided not to go out tonight - it's just not a good idea to risk being caught out in a snow storm when it's just us girls. I did make it out to the grocery store this afternoon, and it was snowing to beat the band, but it calmed down after that. The big snow comes tonight and tomorrow.

Anyway, back to pageants. Comes from the word "wagon." I swear M wasn't listening to me while I read and explained, but she was able to narrate to me pretty well that the first pageants were plays performed on wagons that went from street to street, and Christmas pageants are plays about when Jesus was born.

Then we snuggled on the big bed and watched a video of a Christmas program from our church a few years ago, and it was very nice. M was particularly impressed with the "training" that the singers must have had! She loves music. So, while I was a little bummed about being house-bound, we had a nice time watching a 30 minute video in our jammies instead of getting dressed up and fighting the elements. I'm just glad we weren't standing out in the street waiting for a wagon to come by! :)

No comments: