Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Box Day!

Nearly anyone who homeschools knows what that means! :) Box Day! Yippee! Today was the day that our new curriculum arrived. We have been doing our best at studying something so far this year, but it's not nearly as fun as My Father's World. We will be doing Adventures, with all their recommendations for Language Arts (including Spanish) and Math, starting in January.

We've been postponing starting new curriculum because we were hoping to be moved by now, and didn't want to disrupt school to move, but then decided to start in January either way. So - now we have the box full of books (or actually entry-way full of books, since I unpacked them right there!) and are so excited. Merry Christmas to me! :-) I was so thankful to MFW before, but now that I've tried to put together school on my own for a few months, I'm even more thankful for the incredible work they have put into this curriculum. It is amazing. And part of the reason I'm up so late . . . I can't quit looking at the books!

3 comments:

Lainie said...

I am so excited for you!!!!

I'm a little sad for me though *sniff*

Adventures is the only year (besides the preschool and K prog) that we will never do :(

Can we live vicariously through your Adventures year?

I was soooo sad when I realized we will never do Adventures,

I'm so glad you blog since now we can enjoy your year with you.

YAY for you guys--it's going to be great!

~Cyndi said...

Thanks, Lainie :) It looks like a great, great year ahead of us!

I'm wrestling with the idea of creating a separate or sub-blog to chronicle our school days, but I don't know if I'm up for that challenge! Thanks for sticking with my jumbled up blog. :)

Quinne said...

Hi Cyndi :) Happy Box Day! Love, Q