Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The ADVENTure of Christmas

We are going through The ADVENTure of Christmas by Lisa Whelchel this month for Advent. I purchased the book last year, but we only did a few of the activities and I was a little scatter-brained about it. This year, I purposed in my heart to make Advent special. T is in Denver from the 1st through the 20th, and Princess M deserves a Mommy who is present - in body, mind and spirit. My house is messy, which is not a good thing because it is on-the-market. Most of the decorations are up, which is wonderful! But most of the boxes are not put away. I even have dirty dishes in the kitchen right now. AH! But you know what? My daughter and I have had a marvelous couple of days. I can catch up on the mundane tasks tomorrow. I've been connecting with my daughter's heart. I'm so excited about it, I've decided to do a daily post on our Advent activities - starting a day late. But, hey, this is me we're talking about! Only one day late is pretty remarkable! (And I started the Advent celebration on time! I'm so proud of myself.)

1 comment:

Toni said...

Rats! I have this book too, but haven't (I'm sad to say) sat down to read it yet. Maybe next year (sigh). Enjoy your ADVENTture. Sure wish Lisa would resume her blog posts.
blessings,
~Toni~