Monday, December 15, 2008

15th Day of Advent - The Twelve Days of Christmas

Princess M loves the movie Eloise at Christmas and we've seen it so many times already this Christmas season. One of her favorite scenes is when Eloise gets everyone on the elevator to sing The Twelve Days of Christmas, so I knew that she was going to love today's topic. We used the memory game idea out of our ADVENTure book - I wrote the ordinal numbers, one on each index card, then the subjects, like Partridge in a Pear Tree or Turtle Doves, on 12 more index cards. We shuffled them up and played "memory" with them, having to match up the number with the correct gift. We love memory games, and this one helped us learn the song lyrics, too.

We also discussed, a little casually, the Christian meanings behind each of the gifts. M declared, "I am just learning something new everyday!" :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

isn't it ironic that you did the twelve days of christmas on the fifteenth day? ;-)

~Cyndi said...

It was actually a little confusing. I had to check the date three times before I wrote the post, and then checked it again before I published it! :)

So much for learning something new everyday -- some days I just get by!