Monday, November 17, 2008

New Digs


Well, at least some of the family has a new home! Max and Ruby got a new fishbowl tonight! Max's tail is so beautiful and huge, he just didn't fit in the old bowl anymore. We've been wanting a new fishbowl for awhile, but have been putting it off. Tonight, I realized Ruby was getting a red spot on her nose. I'm sure I let the water get too dirty when I wasn't feeling well, and now she's sick. Bad Mommy. Off to the pet store for an antibiotic and a bigger home. We traded up to a 2-gallon bowl that can still fit on the kitchen counter, but it is much taller, so Max's tail can fan out. Princess M picked out the new rocks, and it is a very colorful rainbow assortment. The antibiotic should do the job in a couple of days. Whew. Poor Ruby. I just love my fish. I mean M's fish, of course. :-)

It was a good science lesson, though! And we had so much fun looking at the puppies at the pet store, too.

3 comments:

Lainie said...

No pictures of the fishy home? awww
:(


I'm glad they were able to "trade up" and I hope the antibiotics work.

Funny, I've never heard of giving a fish antibiotics. Learn something new every day--that was mine :)

~Cyndi said...

Oh Lainie, you shouldn't encourage me! Picture added. :) It's just silly how attached I am to these fish. Can you see the red spot on poor Ruby's nose? It's "mouth fungus." She's on Erythromycin, if you can believe that. It's a powder that goes in the bowl everyday for a few days.

Lainie said...

I clicked on the picture and saw the red nose! I'm singing, "Ruby the Red-nosed Goldfish" LOL

I love the bright cheery colors of the rocks. It looks like they have a nice new place. Although a plant or something to hide behind would probably make them happy too--perhaps a little fishy Christmas present!
:)