Monday, November 23, 2009

Invisible Hand

I took Princess M to Costco today for the dreaded Thanksgiving grocery shopping trip. I found an awesome parking spot right away and as we were walking across the lot to the front door, M reached for my hand but I was carrying something to return and trying to hang onto the receipt and get my keys into my purse all at the same time. I said, "Just stay right close to me, Sweetie." She smiled up at me and replied, "I'm right here, just holding your invisible hand." We locked eyes and grinned. Wow. "That's something you could say to Jesus, huh?"

Tonight, I found in her pile of daily writing and drawing a little song that she had written. "Holding onto Your Invisible Hand." Here's a bit of it --

Silent times, holding Your invisible hand. Walking in a holy place, holding your invisible hand. Invisible, invisible, holding your invisible hand. I love you, Lord. I'm holding Your invisible hand.

I love that my little one talks to Jesus. And I love that He speaks to her heart.

2 comments:

Lainie said...

That totally made me cry. That is so awesome and God is so good.

Are you guys musical? My friend Ann and I write music together. I totally want to put a tune to it-- so I can sing it around the house!

~Cyndi said...

Thanks, Lainie - it stopped me in my tracks when I found it last night.

M loves music. God blessed us last year with a fantastic music teacher for her.

If you would like to put a tune to her little song, feel free to do it. The words are an incredible blessing to me. God is very good.