Here's one from the better late than never file (we finished this up over a month ago) --
The Bible theme for this unit is Jesus is the Way, and Princess M enjoyed singing "One Way, Jesus!" everyday during school before reciting John 14:6. I never truly cared for that song until my 7-year old pounded it into my head -- now I think it's awesome! :)
Princess M continues to love Language Arts and is doing very well in spelling. She likes PLL, especially when we get to "have a conversation." She gets such a kick out of "talking like a grown-up," but I still have to remind her to use complete sentences sometimes. She also conned me into starting cursive lessons. I purchased a Cursive Chart to put on the schoolroom wall to prep for teaching cursive next year, and the little princess copied all the letters until she could do it without help - so now I'm teaching proper form and how to connect the letters better. Silly girl!
We did Bird Studies for Science, correlating to the State Birds that we were studying. M especially enjoyed making the pine cone
bird feeders and filling the soda bottle. So, here's some pictures in reverse order, because it's been so long since I did a post I'm confused . . .

We covered eight states in our State Study, and M loves reading the State Sheet aloud and pointing out all the unique features, such as which states have a State Fish or State Insect (eyw!).
Our patriotic music "America the Beautiful" was a huge hit, because that is what Pollyanna sings at the Bizarre. And, of course, we love Pollyanna!
Math is going well, and I'm shocked at how well M is grasping multiplication when she still struggles with math facts at times. I think she's just messin' with me. Seriously. Sometimes she does these remarkable things in her head and I say, "how'd you come up with that answer?" and she just grins and says, "my brain told me." OK, what's 7 + 6? "Uhhhhmmmm, I don't know." Grrr.
Art is still a struggle. :-( I have to find a way to make this more fun.
Our current read-aloud is Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and M loves it. I have to hide it from her so she doesn't read ahead. Unfortunately, she got ahold of the next read-aloud, On the Banks of Plum Creek, and finished it before I realized it, so that is going to be complete review for her. But I'm going to make her sit through because that's just the way I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment