From The ADVENTure of Christmas, "The Bible says of the Magi that 'the sight of the star filled them with indescribable joy' (Matthew 2:10, Phillips). We, too, can experience that joy as we fix the gaze of our hearts on Jesus, the Bright and Morning Star."
.
The gaze of our hearts. I like that.
.
Princess M and I really had a good talk while we colored our stars this evening.
"What could have made that star so bright?"
"God."
"How could it appear right when Baby Jesus was born?"
"God."
"But how could it have followed Jesus around after He was born until the wise men found Him?"
"Because Jesus is God!"
Then she wrote Jesus is God on one of her stars. The gaze of my heart had a smile on its face.


2 comments:
In my high school german class we had advents calendars and each day one student would get to find the number of that day and eat the chocolate candy behind the little cardboard pannel on the calendar. It was fun and we did it every year.
This project you have going with M sounds and looks like a lot of fun! I like the raindeer evangelists. You could also look at the candy cane another way, as a J for Jesus :-)
Thanks for praying for my dad. It warms the 'gaze of my heart' to see that. he called me yesterday just because he missed the sound of my voice. but i'll be home soon so that he can sick of it again. haha.
love you,
N
You sweet girl! Thanks for your fun comment. And your daddy could never get sick of your voice! :)
I was amazed by your e-mail about Donner and Blitzen being German for Thunder and Lightening! I'm tempted to wake up M and tell her!
Lots of Love,
Aunt C :)
Post a Comment