Thursday, December 18, 2008
18th Day of Advent - Giving Gifts
I had planned on having Princess M work on craft projects throughout the day today, knowing I was to read Giving Gifts this evening, and many of those projects could be used as Christmas gifts. Things worked out so much better than that. Our little neighbor girl came over and did crafts with M, and ended up taking home a bag full of goodies, including some for her grandma. M has all kinds of ideas now for things she wants to give to people. She was alarmed tonight and said, "We didn't do Advent!" and I said, "Yes, you did. You did it without even knowing it." Then I read the book to her and we talked about how special it is to make a gift for someone, and about how special it was for God to give us His Son, and for Jesus to give us His life. Giving gifts is such a wonderful tradition to celebrate the greatest Gift that was ever given.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hi Cyndi :) Just enjoying keeping up with you and your sweetie so much!
My littles and I prayed for you this morning at breakfast. I was sharing with them about your snow :) Love, Q
Oh, Quinne - thank you so much for praying. You just made my day!
~Cyndi
Post a Comment